Top 5 Wednesday (T5W) is a Goodreads group hosted by ThoughtsonTomes that curates weekly Wednesday top 5 lists. This week the topic is “Books You Want to Read Before the End of the Year” and of course I cheated. I have been reading a hell of a lot more lately than I have for the first four months of 2018 and I have many plans for myself.
- Wild Beauty by Anne-Marie McLemore | I think my goal for 2018 is to bring up Anne-Marie McLemore in every single blog post. But also, like, why is it taking me so long to just read this damn book?
- The Callahan Chronicles by Spider Robinson | I just picked this up from our library book sale and I NEED to read it. I don’t know that much about it besides bar in space, but that’s all I needed.
- The Martian by Andy Weir | Everyone else in the entire world has already read this book, so this one probably isn’t too exciting for anyone else besides me, but my husband and I saw the movie in theaters and it was good. This is only relevant because my husband hates going to the movies and he was the one who wanted to see this one.
- The Weird Fiction Review #8 | I just bought this and posted about it, but if I don’t set a goal for myself I feel like I won’t pick it up ever. This is internet evidence that I will read this collection before the end of the year.
- All lastly, all these are books that I started in 2017 and put down for no reason other than “book slump”:
The end! What should I read next? Was your answer The Weird Fiction Review? Because that’s what I chose immediately after taking this picture.